Propagation of Hybrid Acacia by Tissue Culture
Culture of Acacia
Some experiments were carried out to find the optimal cultural conditions for the efficient propagation of hybrid Acacia by tissue culture. The following results were obtained.
- 1) Buds for plantlets were successfully sterilized with 0.1 % HgCl2 solution.
- 2) May and August were the best season for the collection of buds.
- 3) For the foundation media, Murashige & Skoog (MS) was used. The best combination and concentration of growth regulators for rooting the materials differed according to the hybrid line. For instance, for line No. 10, a combination of IBA 3.0-5.0 mg/L, NAA 1.0 mg/L, and IAA 3.0 mg/L was the best, For line No. 32, a combination of IBA 2.0-4.0 mg/L, NAA 1.0 mg/L, and IAA 2.0-3.0 mg/L was the best.
- 4) Rooted plantlets were transplanted into sand media in a greenhouse 20 days after being sprayed with benlate. Later, they were transplanted again into plastic bags filled with soil, and were kept in a nursery bed outdoors.
- 5) Thus it was found that tissue culture was a practical way of propagating hybrid Acacia.
Download the PDF. of this document, 17,113 bytes (16.7 KB).