- Soil Information System Oriented Nutrient Management for Asian Major Crops
- Seminar on Water Management Technology for Crop Production Under Climate Change
- An Appropriate System for High Quality and Safe Seafood Production in the Asia Pacific Region
- Epidemiology and Disease Management of Citrus Huanglongbing (HLB) Disease for Sustainable Citrus Production in the ASPAC Region
- Enhancement of Rural Community Revitalization in the Asian and Pacific Region
- A New Approach to Emerging Plant Diseases of Economic Significance in Asia
October 8-12, 2012
Kasetsart University (KU), Bangkok
- Background / Highlights of Activity
This international seminar,aims to understand and share with all participants the current status of international and regional standards and regulations on seafood safety and traceability. We also aim to promote awareness of seafood safety among the stakeholders involved in the entire seafood supply chain. It is therefore imperative to strengthen research- and regional cooperation capability in the area of seafood safety to minimize incidents of seafood-borne illnesses.
- To understand the current situation of international and regional standards and regulations on safety and traceability of seafood ;
- To promote awareness of seafood safety for the entire contributors of the seafood supply chain in order to meet the required quality standards and food safety regulations ;
- To enhance research efforts and regional cooperation in the area of seafood safety which contributes to significant reduction of incidents of seafood-borne illnesses in the ASPAC region countries.
- To form a consortium platform to exchange information on progress in risk assessment, risk management, and risk communication on seafood from aquaculture, and wild- catch to table.